I am a graduate of the University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine. After graduation I completed an internship in San Diego specializing in internal medicine, surgery, and emergency/critical care. My wife and I then moved back to Ocala, FL where I worked in a busy, multi-doctor practice. There I pursued further training in advanced surgical techniques including fracture management/repair, stabilization of the canine knee after ACL rupture, and advanced pain control.
Recently, my wife, Claire, our son, Harrison, and I moved to the Southern Maryland area to realize our dream of opening our own Veterinary practice, PAWS. When I’m not in the office, I like to waterski, mountain bike, have completed three Tough Mudders, multiple Triathlons, marathons and more.
- Westminster College 2005
- University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine 2009
- VCA Emergency and Referral Hospital Internship 2010
- Techniques in Canine Stifle Stabilization 2013
- AO North American Principals In Orthopedic Fracture Repair 2013
I’m a native Southern Marylander. I grew up in Waldorf and graduated from Thomas Stone High School. After vet school at Virginia Tech, I did an internship in advanced medicine and surgery in Connecticut before moving back to Southern Maryland to be closer to my family. During the last 16 years of practicing in the Waldorf area, I have developed a love of feline medicine (although I love my canine patients too!) but I really have a special place in my heart for neonatal (bottle baby) kittens. When I’m not bottle feeding kittens, I help run the Destination Imagination creative problem solving competition for Charles County, volunteer at TriCounty Animal Shelter, and organize a craft beer club. I share my house with 4 very messy cats.
- McDaniel College 1999
- Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine 2003
- Veterinary Specialists of Connecticut Internship in Small Animal Medicine and Surgery 2004
I am a Virginia native and Virginia Tech graduate. I have a strong background in animal science and research, and I concurrently completed a master’s in public health while in veterinary school. Prior to working at PAWS, I worked in mixed animal ambulatory practice where I gained novel exposure to both equine and companion animals. I am passionate about working with all species – from pocket pets, exotics, birds, dogs and cats, to large/farm animals. Outside of work, I enjoy powerlifting, hiking, spending time with my chihuahua & kitten, and cheering on the Virginia Tech Hokies!
- Virginia Tech 2015
- Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine Masters of Public Health 2018
- Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine 2019
I was born and raised in Southern Maryland and aside from vet school, I have lived my entire life in the area. Prior to vet school and while in undergrad I was a veterinary technician for almost 10 years. After my didactic training was completed on the island of St. Kitts at Ross University I returned to the US to complete my final year at North Carolina State University. After vet school I decided to move back to the area to practice and developed interests in emergency medicine, radiology/ultrasound, preventative medicine and internal medicine. In my free time I enjoy spending time with my husband, dogs, family and friends. I also have a corn snake, leopard gecko and 3 freshwater fish tanks.
- University of Maryland College Park 2007
- Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine 2016