I am a graduate of the University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine. After graduation I completed an internship in San Diego specializing in internal medicine, surgery, and emergency/critical care. My wife and I then moved back to Ocala, FL where I worked in a busy, multi-doctor practice. There I pursued further training in advanced surgical techniques including fracture management/repair, stabilization of the canine knee after ACL rupture, and advanced pain control.
Recently, my wife, Claire, our son, Harrison, and I moved to the Southern Maryland area to realize our dream of opening our own Veterinary practice, PAWS. When I’m not in the office, I like to waterski, mountain bike, have completed three Tough Mudders, multiple Triathlons, marathons and more.
- Westminster College 2005
- University of Florida College of Veterinary Medicine Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine 2009
- VCA Emergency and Referral Hospital Internship 2010
- Techniques in Canine Stifle Stabilization 2013
- AO North American Principals In Orthopedic Fracture Repair 2013
I’m a native Southern Marylander. I grew up in Waldorf and graduated from Thomas Stone High School. After vet school at Virginia Tech, I did an internship in advanced medicine and surgery in Connecticut before moving back to Southern Maryland to be closer to my family. During the last 16 years of practicing in the Waldorf area, I have developed a love of feline medicine (although I love my canine patients too!) but I really have a special place in my heart for neonatal (bottle baby) kittens. When I’m not bottle feeding kittens, I help run the Destination Imagination creative problem solving competition for Charles County, volunteer at TriCounty Animal Shelter, and organize a craft beer club. I share my house with 4 very messy cats.
- McDaniel College 1999
- Virginia-Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine 2003
- Veterinary Specialists of Connecticut Internship in Small Animal Medicine and Surgery 2004
I am a graduate of Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine. I graduated with a focus in large animal medicine. After graduation I completed an equine-intensive internship at Woodside Equine Clinic in Ashland, VA. Upon completion, I moved to Southern Maryland to work as a large and small animal practitioner at a neighboring clinic. My veterinary interests are broad, including small and large animal wellness, emergency medicine, internal medicine, and surgery. My professional interest lies in equine sports medicine, equine internal medicine, and large animal emergency medicine. In my free time, I love to work out, ride horses, and relax with my husband Jordan, our two sons, Brayden and Caeson. I also share my home with border collie named Ellie, a golden retriever named Mozart, and a 3-legged cat named M&M.
- University of Maryland College Park 2012
- Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine 2016
- Woodside Equine Clinic internship 2017
I’ve been practicing veterinary medicine for 47 years. My passion lies with providing the best possible health care for small animals including wellness care, and acute and chronic illness management. Establishing confidence and trust with my clients, spending time to hear their concerns and ask questions is important to me.
I am a native of southern Maryland having grown up in Prince George’s County and graduating from Crossland High School in 1967. I earned my Bachelor of Science degree from Cornell University in 1971 and went on to the University of Missouri College of Veterinary Medicine. After graduating from vet school in 1975 I returned to southern Maryland and Charles County. My first job in veterinary medicine was at Glymont Veterinary Hospital in Indian Head! I worked at Glymont for seven years and then branched out opening my own practice, Mid-County Veterinary Clinic, in LaPlata, MD in 1982. I was the sole practitioner at Mid-County Vet Clinic for 40 years and loved serving the local community. In the fall of 2021, I decided to make a change and moved to Potomac Animal Wellness Services (PAWS) in January 2022. It gives me great pleasure to continue serving the needs of my clients and work alongside a great team at this new location.
Charles County has been home for me and my wife for 42 years. We live on the Wicomico River and enjoy the peace and quiet of life on the water. My hobbies include all types of fishing, boating, rafting and gardening. My wife and I love our pets. We have 2 labs – 9 year old June, 5 year old Delilah, a 16 year old cat Jimmy (Jem) and our 20 year old thoroughbred horse Bridget.
Education and Memberships
- University of Missouri College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus MO
1971 – 1975 Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
- Cornell University, Ithaca NY 1969 – 1971 Bachelorette of Science in Biological Sciences
- North Carolina State University, Raleigh NC 1967 – 1969 Major Biological Sciences
- Diplomate American Board of Veterinary Practitioners 1986 – 2006
- Maryland License 1975 – Present
- Maryland Veterinary Medical Association Member 1975 – Present
- American Veterinary Medical Association Member 1971 – Present